Adam Hunter is a video game character created by Sega, and is one of the playable characters in Streets of Rage, and is featured as non-player character in the rest of the series. He is the older brother to Sammy "Skate" Hunter, who effectively replaced him as a playable character.
Streets of RageEdit
Adam makes his debut (and only playable appearance) in 1991's Streets of Rage as one of the three cops who quit the city's corrupt police force, in order to personally hunt down the syndicate leader themselves. Along with Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding, he manages to defeat the syndicate leader (later named Mr. X) in his own headquarters.
Streets of Rage 2Edit
One year later on the anniversary of Mr. X's defeat, Adam is ambushed at his home and taken hostage by Shiva, as lure for Axel and Blaze to mount a rescue effort. Adam's kid brother Sammy "Skate" Hunter joins up with them, and manages to rescue Adam in the ending of the game.
Streets of Rage 3 / Bare Knuckle IIIEdit
Adam is once again a non-playable character, sending Sammy (or Skate, as he's called in the game) to aid the team in his stead. However, he is key to providing the location of the final stage (if the General/Chief is saved) or locating and dismantling the rest of the bombs (if the General/Chief dies). He later appears with the team after the credits, and makes an appearance twice in the credits. It is suggested that he also dies in an explosion but not confirmed.
Adam, unlike the other characters, is only featured in SOR1 as the slower, but stronger character and has minimal character development past that. His movelist is very limited, with no real "special moves" like characters featured in SOR2 and SOR3.
- Uppercut: Adam pulls off an uppercut that, depending on range, can launch a char slightly, or fully, into the air.
- Roundhouse Kick: Adam performs a roundhouse kick, that has good range. If a high uppercut is performed right before, this move will launch enemies across the screen. This effect wont work on Boss characters or Player characters.
Adam uses a form of boxing with a large amount of kicks added into his moveset. His most distinguishing move is his uppercut-to-roundhouse kick which has two unique properties that only he has had, the Uppercut being able to hit enemies vertically two different heights, and a super roundhouse kick which when mixed with the higher uppercut hit kicks the opponent across the screen, knocking any other enemies down. Other moves consist of a shoulder throw, suplex, and a standard jump kick.
Due to not being playable in SOR2/3, Adam's moveset is considerably smaller than the other characters, lacking any special moves and blitz's that became standard in the sequels.
Adam lacks much of the characterization of his SOR2/SOR3 counterparts, despite being featured in some capacity in every game. One noticible aspect to his appearance is the lack of the shoulder pads he wore during the events of Streets of Rage in the subsequent sequels.
Mega Drive / GenesisEdit
Master System AppearancesEdit
- Bare Knuckle Mobile *As AI-controlled back-up character
- During the development of Streets of Rage, his original name was Wolf.
- Adam's "OOAHH!" soundbyte from SOR1 lives on, as it was raised in pitch and given to Sammy.
- Oddly, despite being kidnapped at home, Adam is wearing his fighting gear minus the shoulder pads.
- In the Streets of Rage 2 storyline, Adam was the only one of the the original three heroes to return to the police force.