Roo (Streets of Rage 3)/Victy (Bare Knuckle III)
|Height||159cm (5' 3")|
Roo (Victy in the Japanese version) is a boxing kangaroo mini-boss that it became an unlockable playable character in Streets of Rage 3.
Methods of UnlockingEdit
- Method 1: Defeat Bruce (Danch in Bare Knuckle III) in Round 2 without killing Roo. As a result, Roo will be set free for the player to select him after continuing.
- Method 2 (Most Recommended): At the title screen, hold Up+B on Controller 1 then press Start. His portrait should appear at the character select screen. -franky
- Tornado Spin Kick: Roo sticks his leg out and spins around in the air, moving forward and hitting any enemies that get caught in the attack with multiple kicks. This is Roo's Offensive Special Move.
- Vertical Spin: Roo jumps and quickly back-flips a few times in air, causing multiple hits to enemies. This functions as the Defensive Special Move.
- Nose Slide: Roo slides toward his enemy on his head. This running/blitz attack does multiple hits.
- Kick Barrage: Once behind an enemy, Roo stands on his tail and unleashes a barrage of kicks on his helpless foe.
Names & PalettesEdit
| Roo (US/EU)
|Light Blue||Boss Palette|
| Roo (US/EU)
| Roo (US/EU)
|Red|| Alternate Pallete for
Mega Drive / GenesisEdit
- He is the only secret character to have an almost complete move set and his own portrait for the Character Select and Stage Clear screens.
- Despite having an almost complete move set, and perhaps owing to the fact Roo is a kangaroo with boxing gloves, weapons are completely unusable with Roo and are quickly dropped if a pickup is attempted.
- The boss palette for Roo cannot be used by any normal means. The default palette would have to be changed through hacking/codes for cheat devices like Game Genie or Pro Action Replay.
- In Streets of Rage 3, the playable version of Roo is fairly weaker than the boss version due to the enemy damage multiplier by difficulty level. For example, the boss version can drain an entire health bar with the Tornado Spin Kick.
- Streets of Rage 3 improves Roo's jab from Bare Knuckle III by making it a two-hit attack.
- He uses the same voice samples as Skate.
- In Streets of Rage 3, Roo jumps much higher than in Bare Knuckle III. And in the PAL version of Streets of Rage 3, he jumps a little higher than in the NTSC version.
- During the development of Bare Knuckle III, his original name was Kan.
- So far, Roo has the longest surviving portrait, as it is seen in very early beta scans while the other playable characters had vastly different SOR2-inspired portraits.
- In Project X Zone 2, Axel Stone mentions "Maybe I shoulda called up that kangaroo" if paired up with Strider Hiryu and Hotsuma when attacking an enemy.